Eger, Hunguest Hotel Flóra - Spa and therapy
After a large investment, a new curative and wellness centre was established in our hotel. The guests of the hotel are able to use the extended curative treatments in a renewed, modern and quality environment. The treatments assisting in recovery, the cure-like (1-2 or several week-long) application of which provide great help in the reestablishment of our guests’ medical condition.
On the basis of a specialist doctor’s examination, the following treatments can be utilised:
- Medical curative massage
- Physico-therapy treatments
- Tangentor / hydro-massage
- Parafangó – curative mud treatment
- Rehabilitative and conditioning curative gymnastics
- Group water-gymnastics
Experienced doctors and well-qualified staff look after the guests. The customised treatments and the assembly of special cure packages are preceded by an evaluation of the condition; thus the number of possible variations is endless. More and more people opt for a healthy way of life and they know that the natural curative methods can promote recovery without side-effect.
MEDICINAL WATERS OF EGER
The mineral springs of Eger located at the southern foot of the Bükk mountains rise from the karst waters of the range. A favourable effect of the mineral springs of Eger on various kinds of illnesses, and especially on rheumatic diseases, was already know in the Turkish epoch (15th - 16th centuries). The curative power of these waters can first off all be explained by their slight radioactivity and by a prosperous effect of various trace elements contained in them on the vital functions of the organism. On the basis of complete analyses the medicinal waters of Eger may be divided into four groups.
1. Simples radioactive medicinalo water. In its content of mineral salts calcium magnesium hydrocarbonate is dominant. The dose of radon emitted during treatment with this water is 1000 to 3000 times lower than a detrimental toxic dose. It has been proved that this water in many respects stimulates vital functions of the human organism.
2. Simple sluphurous medicinal water, in the composition of which the dominal element is sulphide.
3. Sulphurous medicinal water with calcium hydrocarbonate. Sulphur plays an important part in functioning of the metabloism of substances in connective tissue and cartilage. When used for drinking cures, its effect of increasing secretion of gastric acid and stimulating peristalsis is in the forefront.
4. Mineral and medicinal water containing hydrogen carbonate with iodic and bromic alkali chloride. It may primarily be used against thyroid diseases (currently is not used).
Apart from the above mentioned elements the medicinal waters of Eger contain 51 kinds of trace elements; among them the most valuable are those that are neccessary for maintaining life, influence functioning of the cells and processes of catalyzing. They are also indispensable for functioning of the enzyme system.
As is shown by experience the following diseases may be successfully treated by medicinal water:
- joint diseases (chronic)
- spinal diseases
- diseases of bones, muscles and tendons
- among diseases of the nervous system: neuritis, neuralgia etc.
- metabolic diseases, locomotor disorders (gout, diabetic diseases)
- manifestation of connective tissue and skin diseases in joints
- diseases of female genital organs (disordered menstruation, sterility, chronic inflammation)
- disturbances in the vegetative nervous system, roboration of the state of exhaustion
Contraindictions to taking the waters:
- circulatory disturbances accompained by cardiac insufficiency
- advanced stages of cerebal arteriosclerosis
- serious coronary diseases
- phlebitis: thrombosis and thrombophlebitis before the state of complete calm
- loss of consciousness occuring in the from of fits
- expressed cases of hypertension
- serious diseases of blood-forming organs: severe form of anaemia, states of haemophilia, leukaemia
- expressed cases of hyperthyroidism
- bronchial asthma
- acute and subacute genital diseases
- diseases definitely requiring surgical intervention
- febrility, whatever its cause may be
- infectious diseases
- increased general physical weakness
- in the 1st to 4th months of pregnancy
- malignant tumours or suspicion of same
- disgusting skin diseases
The hotel has its own medical wing which can be entered through a covered passageway. The following medical treatments are available for the guests: Physician's examinations (rheumathologist, internal specialist), medical massage, medical gymnastics (individual, group, underwater), hydrotherapy (underwater jet massage), electrotherapy (ultra-sound, galvanic current, iontophoresis, diadynamic current, sollux interference current, four-cell galvanic bath, short wave, fango mud-pack), physiotherapy, cryotherapy.